Saturday 8 February 2014

Happy CNY!

Last year's CNY was spent a little more special in HK with all my relatives but this year, we spent it in Singapore with my daddy coming over for a visit. I must say that this year's CNY definitely felt more festive cause of all the events my family planned(ignoring last year of course).

On CNY eve, my parents ordered food from Crystal Jade and I went along with them to collect it. I have no idea what it's called but basically it's a large dish with an assortment of food such as jelly fish, chicken, duck etc. Didn't manage to take a photo of it though cause it was gobbled down really quickly haha!

On the very first day of CNY, we went over to my mum's really good friend's house for dinner. As a little kid, I always went over to their place for sleepovers and I still remember all the crazy things I did with their kids. I remember waking up to the sound of a rooster in the morning. Yes, they have a rooster at home haha! Brings back a lot of memories to be there again(:

 
 
 

I also had my very first loh hei of the year at their place! It was the one and only actually haha! I'm not a huge fan of it though cause I only like the peanuts out of the whole dish but it's really fun making a huge mess and shouting random words. I was basically saying may we be prettier each year, grow taller blah blah blah along those lines. Haha! Totally random but that's the fun of it!

 

And for dinner, we had a nice home cooked meal(: Dinner the Chinese way.


Not forgetting the really friendly dog that we met. She was rescued from SPCA and is currently 2 years old! Super lively and friendly(: A lot more livelier than my dogs haha! But then again, my dogs are old so as long as they're healthy, I'm happy.

 
 

On the next day, I made plans to go over to Li Xian's house to visit her family. I've been to her place 2 years back for CNY too and I remember playing blackjack there haha! We did it this year again with Nicole Sim over too :D So good to meet up with them. We also went around taking photos with her lovely cousins. 2 of them are twins btw and up till now, I still can't tell who is who.

 
 
 
 

Went back home just in time for steamboat! I ate so much that day omg. I actually gained 2kg over 4 days of CNY. Don't you just love the holidays hahaha


Oh yeah, we had CNY goodies to snack on at home too. Most of them are happily in my tummy actually. During the hours when I'm home, I just lie in bed all day watching HIMYM while snacking of a jar of goodies. I can easily finish a jar of cookies within 2 hrs. That explains why I gained so much weight haha but it's only once in a year right?

 

So on the third day, we decided to stay at home to play mahjong and watch Runningman. Just when I thought all the feasting was over, we decided to order pizzahut delivery for dinner. I just love their crust! It's so cheesy and I honestly only eat the whole pizza for their crust haha!

 

The very last day of the CNY hols was my brother's birthday so we spent it having brunch at DOC. Will blog about it soon!

Ok well anw, here's some proper photos of what I wore over CNY(:

 

"Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten"
David Ogden Stiers

No comments:

Post a Comment