Thursday 22 January 2015

Street Style





You'd probably judge me if I told you how this outfit came about but I'm gona share anw hehe. I bought this scarf from HnM in HK on the very first day that I arrived cause it was on sale and well, who can resist a sale? I bought it thinking that it might go well with a plain dress but then I changed my mind because I figured I'd looked too 'pulled down'. One thing about being petite is that you don't want to wear clothes that would make you look shorter than you alr are. Wearing a super chunky scarf with a dress has that effect, especially if you have a longer torso than legs (like me)


Being the stubborn person that I am, I just wanted to wear the scarf cause I thought it was pretty. So the way to solve it is to go with tight jeans. And you can't wear it with anything else that is bulky (like a bulky coat) cause you'll just look really heavy. Which explains why I wore my leather jacket to go with it. So yes, while being petite means you are don't have the liberty of experimenting with all kinds of style, it doesn't mean it should stop you. In fact, I kind of like this look!

Keep Me Warm Cable Knit - Hollyhoque
Leather Jacket - Topshop
Jeans - Stradivarius
Scarf - HnM
Bag - Hong Kong, Mongkok
Boots - Hong Kong, Mongkok

"And though she be but little, she is fierce."
William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment