Tuesday 5 November 2013

Hatched

When going out with Vho, Lynn and Shericia, we are always on the hunt for good food. Good food + good company, my idea of a day well spent(: I miss my boos so much alr and I can't wait for our next meet up! Hopefully it'll be during Christmas.

We were quite last minute in deciding where to go actually (as usual) because there are just so many options available! Just to name a few places, we were contemplating between Little Diner, Hatched and D'Good Cafe. The problem with us is that all of us are not super picky with our food. In our WA conv, it usually goes a little smth like this:

W: Let's meet up!
X: Over brunch please
Y: Yes! Yes! So where are we gona go?
Z: I'm fine with anything
W,X,Y: Me too

Yup usually it ends with all of us deciding that we are fine with anything and more often then not, I end up coming up with a place for brunch haha. I guess that's a good thing actually cause I get to choose to go to the places I haven't checked out yet and for our meeting last week, we went to Hatched.

I'm sure Hatched needs no introduction because it's really famous and established here in Singapore. A little embarrassed to say this but I've actually nvr been to Hatched before. In fact, if I'm not wrong, all 4 of us have nvr been there before(oopsy). As their name suggest, they mainly focus on their eggs and you won't go wrong ordering anything with eggs there(:

 

Their menu was super cute and I really like the fact that it's tiny. Big, gigantic menus really gets on my nerves sometimes cause they take up so much space hahaha. Halloween is nearing and Hatched is decorated in Halloween items! Forgot to snap a picture of the entrance of Hatched but basically they had orange/yellow banners(?) taped all around.

 
 
Cowboy Burger ($17)

I don't normally opt for burgers cause I'm not a fan of the raw vege in it but I decided to give this a try because the picture on the menu looked way too tempting. And besides, this burger didn't have much vege in it. This burger kind of reminded me of Macs Sausage Mcmuffin with Egg which is my all time favourite (I can eat this everyday if only it was served all day. Lazy Angie is lazy to wake up for breakfast). The egg wasn't too runny which actually caters to my preference cause I really don't like runny eggs. I must say that the fries weren't too good though. They were quite tasteless and I'm pretty sure I only ate about 5 fries.

 
Sir Benedict ($13/$19)

For this dish, you got to select if you wanted 1 or 2 eggs which explains the 2 prices mentioned. Lynn got 1 egg cause 2 seems a little too much for her. This dish shows Hatched's spin of the classic Eggs Benedict. I really like the mash potato because of its texture and taste. It wasn't bland like most mash potatoes are. I ended up eating half of the potato (sorry Lynn!) cause it was really good! As for the eggs, I can't really tell how good it was cause I'm not a fan of poached eggs haha! They all taste the same to me :/

Croque Madame

Here's what Vanessa ordered. I was actually having a hard time deciding between getting this dish or the burger I ordered. They both look really good on the menu! This dish features a ham and cheese sandwich, topped with a fried egg and served with streak fries. The fries were the same as the one I ordered so is was quite tasteless as well. Vanessa only ate a few too. Quite disappointing but at least the eggs were good! I had a bite of her toast and it was done quite well(:

Overall, I had a really fun time catching up with my favourite girls. It's amazing how we can not see each other for months but talk for hours when we meet up. No awkward pauses or weird moments ever. We are all so different in terms of our personality but we get along perfectly and I'm so looking forward to our next date!

Hatched - 267 Holland Avenue
                S278989

"It's easy to impress me. I don't need a fancy party to be happy. Just good friends, good food, and good laughs. I'm happy. I'm satisfied. I'm content."
Maria Sharapova

No comments:

Post a Comment