Friday 22 November 2013

Food-Filled Day

Went over to Jolene's place today to start on our lit project! Happy to say that we have completed our part for the group work alr so we're only left with our individual assignments for lit :D It's just so depressing that even though the school term has ended, there's still tons of hw to do. I forsee myself procrastinating and doing all my hw on the last weekend of Dec hahaha!

So anw, I went over for lunch today and I was so excited! I'm sure by now you guys know what an awesome cook Jolene is. She told me yesterday that she's going to make stuffed chicken breast with cheese, bacon and broccoli served with mash potatoes and apple sauce. Like wow. It sounds sooooo grand! I love having a bestie who loves to cook(: When I went over to her place, she was busy preparing the chicken. It's really funny seeing her do it because she had to tie a string around the chicken to ensure that the fillings won't spill out. She was literally using a string to tie the chicken. That's smth new to me and she even jokingly said that the chicken is going to have a very ugly tan line when we take it out from the oven haha!

 

She was really focused on tying the chicken so much so that it seems like she was conducting an operation haha! Then she prepared the mash potatoes as well. Seemed really fun mashing it up. I would have helped but I was busy taking photos of the chef's work! Then she did all the cooking and while waiting for lunch to be served, I snapped a few photos of Bailey.

 
 

And a random selfie cause Bailey started to run away from me haha! He was too busy playing Fetch.


And finally... lunch is served!!!

 
 

I was really blown away by the dish. For starters, it looks so difficult to make! It was really yummy and I finished everything hehe. When I finish a dish, it means that it's good. I have a really small appetite so usually I can't finish a dish. The chicken was soft and tender, the cheese is oozing out and not to mention, this dish is healthy too! Jolene is a pretty healthy cook so she twists recipes and add in/ remove certain ingredients.

We then decided to start on our group project and researched on whatever we had to do. Not gona talk about that cause it's boring and we actually finished it quite quickly haha! Jo suggested making dessert so we settled for Butterscotch lava cake with honeycomb and maple syrup cause chocolate lava cake is too mainstream. She's been wanting to try this recipe for quite awhile so she was really eager to see how it turns out!

 
 

And it's a success! It wasn't overcooked or undercooked, the 'lava' flowed out nicely and it was picture perfect. You know how you counter the sweetness of chocolate with cocoa? Well you don't really have smth like that to counter butterscotch so it was a little too sweet. I guess it'll appeal to all the sweet tooths out there!

As if this wasn't enough, we made peanut butter cookies too! I was looking through Jo's IG (@joleneeex3)(You guys should follow her for more food updates btw) and I casually commented that the peanut butter cookies she made a few days back looks really chewy. Jo looked at me, smiled and said we should make it. Well folks that's the story of us. We cook, eat, take photos and the cycle repeats. I actually didn't help out much in the making of the chicken breast and lava cake so I did the cookies.

I'm someone who you probably shouldn't trust in the kitchen. Haha I have nvr really cooked before so this was kind of a first! This time we swopped roles - She with the camera and me making cookies. The recipe was pretty easy to follow and soon enough, I can say that I know how to make peanut butter cookies :D

 
 
 

Major success! The cookies were really chewy, just the way I liked it. Really random but don't the cookies look like a gingerbread man in the last photo? Jolene refuses to admit that it does haha! The chocolate chips look like its eyes and I guess this cookiebread man has 5 arm/feet hehe. Ended the day with a few photos at the garden downstairs. The photos in the ootd post below is actually taken by Jolene. Huge thanks Jo! (:

"A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself."
Jim Morrison

2 comments:

  1. the peanut butter cookies look good! do u have the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I don't have the one we used cause it's my friend's recipe(we modified it) but I do have the original one. You can drop me an email if you're interested! (:

      Delete