Tuesday 21 April 2015

Gardin Bistro & Patisserie

I did all my homework before going to Bali and one of the cafes that I really wanted to check out was Gardin Bistro & Patisserie because of the layout of the place. It's design is similar to that of a glasshouse so think of lots of greenery and glass windows.


Now you see what I mean when I say that they're pretty much a cafe in a glass enclosure.

Because of its design, Ben and I felt super relaxed and at ease throughout our whole meal. Oh and coupled with the fact that the service there was super good, we had a very good impression of Bali from our first meal in that country! The waiters were asking us what country we're from and even offered to help us take a photo!

 

We got pretty good seats next to the glass windows cause it was quite empty when we arrived. I actually made a reservation before coming to Bali but I guess you don't really need one if you're going on a weekday. You could also choose to be seated outdoors but that's a smoking area plus Bali's weather is pretty hot so we decided to stay indoors.

They had really cute salt and pepper shakes and tissue holder as well!


We were pretty much spoilt for choices when we were deciding on what to get for lunch. We also wanted to save some space for desserts cause how can you go to such a place and not have cakes right? So we got an appetiser and a main to share.

Gardin Sauteed Chicken (RP 65 000)

I really felt like having chicken that day and so we ordered this. It's topped off with crushed peanuts, coriander puree, honey and soy reduction. It's pretty much like a mixture of chickens in all forms hahaha. There's chicken satay, white chicken and soy chicken. Our favourite would have to be the soy one (darkest coloured one) cause the taste was really strong and vibrant.

Grilled Salmon Fillet (RP 148 000)

And Ben decided on the main cause I chose the appetiser. This was the bomb. I've nvr had such good salmon in my life (I'm not exaggerating) and the mash potato was a bonus for a potato lover like me. We both tried a mouth and looked up at each other and our expressions were priceless haha!


I can't rmb what this was called what it's basically like chocolate covered cornflakes stuck together with almonds in between here and there. I chose this cause I thought the texture would be interesting. Plus, it's pretty much photo worthy.

Red Velvet Cake

Both Ben and I preferred this to the other dessert we got. Trust me when I say I've had some pretty bad red velvet cakes in my life and this just did red velvet cake justice. There was just a right balance of cream cheese and cake. Not too much, not too little.

Vanilla Latte (RP 45 000)
Coconut Water (RP 38 000)

Nothing much for the drinks but just to show you a photo of what we got (:

Overall, all I can say is what a wonderful way to kick start our Bali trip. I even managed to take all my ootd photos outside of this little cafe because it's exterior was just as pretty as its interior. Design is definitely something important to me and this just beats all the cafes I've ever been to. In fact, Gardin Bistro is definitely on top of my list of cafes to go to in Bali. Do check it out if you're planning a trip to Seminyak and I promise you, it won't disappoint!

Gardin Bistro & Patisserie - Jl. Petitenget  No. 106

"People will travel anywhere for good food - it's crazy."
Rene Redzepi

No comments:

Post a Comment