Saturday 30 August 2014

Stateland Cafe

Finally got my waffle fix after craving for it for such a long time! I've been wanting to check out Stateland Cafe cause I've been seeing photos of their waffles on IG for the longest time ever! It's actually located at Bali Lane, which is right next to Haji Lane so it's really convenient to get to. About a 5 mins walk from Bugis MRT.

 The Classic Waffle ($9.90)
Blueberries ($2)

Jo decided to get classic waffles that day cause she wanted something simple and light. We were both saying that we shouldn't eat such a heavy meal cause there's lots of cafes at Haji Lane and we could always try out another shop. I had a bite of hers and I found it quite average. Nth really spectacular but it wasn't bad as well. She added extra blueberries but we couldn't really see how it's worth $2. The waffles initially alr came with blueberries so they added really little extra blueberries.

 The Red Velvet ($14.90)

And here's what I got! I was initially inclined to get the big breakfast but I decided to try their waffles instead since it's what they're famous for. And the results? I was so disappointed ): I'm not someone who is very particular about my food. Honestly, I can't tell when something is too creamy, too sweet or stuff like that. But this was really so bad. My waffles were burnt. I actually had to stab the knife into the waffle to cut it. Towards the middle, it got better though. Maybe cause the ice cream was there to kind of overcome the burnt taste. Initially, I thought it was just me but after Jo tried it, she just stared at me and said it's really burnt. Hahaha but being the nice customer that I was, I didn't request for a change or anything.


Well and here's a photo of both our waffles tgt. At least their waffles are pretty and presentable. As for the burnt aspect, it could be a slip up and doesn't occur very often. Jo's one tasted totally fine so I guess I'm just unlucky.


And a photo outside their shop! I'll be blogging about my outfit and trip to Haji Lane soon so stay tuned! (:

Stateland Cafe - 30 Bali Lane

"You should eat a waffle! You can't be sad if you eat a waffle!"
Lauren Myracle

No comments:

Post a Comment