Monday 27 July 2015

Wild West


Going to theme parks during winter means it's a must to wear jeans cause it's just so much more convenient and you won't end up freezing when on roller coasters. Which is why I actually bought a pair just before I flew off to Gold Coast. If you don't know, I'm not a huge fan of jeans cause they're almost impossible to wear in sunny Singapore and I feel really constrained in them. Plus it's harder to find the right pair of jeans for petite girls (as all my other petite friends agree) and so I was kind of skeptical about getting them but I had no choice so oh well.




This set of photos were taken at the Wild West area of Movie World! Movie World is actually my favourite world out of all the worlds in Gold Coast cause the rides were a nice balance between the freakishly scary and the fun, kiddy kind of rides. So back to finding the right pair of jeans. I realised that what fits petite girls the most are fitting, 3/4 jeans. Boyfriend jeans are definitely not the best choice cause they're super baggy and loose which 'pulls down' your overall frame. If you're comfortable with high waisted ones, that's even better cause it'll give the illusion of longer legs. My pair is actually long for me and so I rolled up the bottom cause I was too lazy to alter. Plus it'll be quite a chore too cause it's ripped jeans.


And to go with the whole laid back, casual kind of look, I decided on a loose low bun. You will never see me in a low ponytail or plain bun (I look so aunty omg) but one with braids? Yes please! Braids add a little something special to your hairdo and it makes them stand out. The only time I'll ever tie my hair in a low bun is if there are braids in them. Well basically braids don't scream aunty so it's cool haha!

It's really easy to achieve this hairdo actually. Just take a section off each side of your hair and tie them into a braid first. Then combine it into a low ponytail and just bun it. Most tutorials suggests pinning the braid to the side first but that doesn't work for me. My hair is really thick and so I much rather just tie them into a ponytail and then bun it rather than pinning it down. No bobby pin can hold down the hair of mine hahaha.


Throw on a pair of casual single tone sneakers and the casual look is done! If you're planning to wear jeans and are in a cold country, I'd definitely suggest wearing a short jacket that isn't too long (esp for the petites!). That way you won't look too 'dragged down' and the overall look will look a little neater! (:

Nude Knit - HnM
Jeans - Zara
Trench Coat - Stradivarius
Sneakers - Superga

"Jeans represent democracy in fashion."
Giogio Armani

No comments:

Post a Comment