Thursday 16 July 2015

Eumundi Markets


I've been to Australia once on a school trip back in P6 and thought I can't rmb much of it, what really stuck with me was the market in Perth that we visited. I can't rmb what it's called but the concept of it was really interesting to me and I guess the idea of hand made items are always 10x more appealing than mass manufactured ones. It's one of a kind! Hence I really wanted to visit another one of those markets on my recent trip to Australia.

Because most markets are not opened on most days, we had to really plan our schedule and see which ones we could make it for. In the end, we decided on Eumundi Markets because it fitted in with our timeline perfectly. Eumundi Markets is only opened every Wednesday from 8am-1.30pm and Saturday from 7am-2pm. It just so happens that we were planning to leave Brisbane on Sat morning and drive up to Sunshine Coast where the market is located. So it fits well into our road trip and we decided to check it out.


Cause it closes at 2pm, we had to wake up pretty early to drive up and we actually skipped breakfast and therefore the first thing we did when we arrived was to find food hehe.


This potato slinky was the bomb. It was prepared on the spot which made it really fresh and crispy! Better than all those that I've had in Singapore.


And I had to have my daily hot drink cause it was so darn cold. But if you look at the woman in the background, she's wearing a T shirt and I honestly have no idea how she does it.


My parents bought a sandwich but I can't rmb what it is so it must have been mehhhh hahaha.


This was the bomb. Rifdi wandered around while we sat and eat and came back with a packet of these mini donuts. Apparently, the store that sells it uses some kind of traditional machine to create it and it's found really rarely. Well I can't go into the specifics cause it was too technical for me to understand but moral of the story is basically that this was the best mini donuts ever.

And of course it being a market, there were lots of fresh produce for locals to buy as well!


As much as we would have love to bagged something back, there wasn't really a need to do so cause we won't be using the spices and all since we were leaving in a few days.

We did buy some nuts to bring back to Singapore though!


My mum wanted to bring something back for her colleagues and what's better than food right?

After filling our hungry bellies, we went round to take photos of the area and to see what's in store!


So basically, there are rows and rows of stalls selling items ranging from potted plants to old postcards. If you're a vintage junkie, you'll definitely fall in love with some of the stalls here! There was even a live band playing throughout the day. I would love to have bought a sewing kit or an old box but I have no idea how to sew and I'm quite sure the box will just rot in some corner of my room haha! I guess if you're a DIY kind of person, you'll find lots of useful things here.


My sister bought a ring from this stall that cost around $60. To me it's kind of pricey but then again, it's probably cause I have no idea how to appreciate gems and stones. I'm not a huge fan of gem rings cause they're gigantic on my tiny fingers hahaha but they do suit my sister. There were quite a few stores selling these kind of jewellery and you'll be spoilt for choices if you're into it. My sister spent around half an hour at this store alone trying to pick one out.

And she chose this in the end.


Okay lah it was quite nice. Just not something I would wear haha!

After we have visited most of the stalls, my sister, brother and I decided to go round to take out ootds cause why not haha. We found this wall (well actually my brother did) and we all snapped a photo here (:


It's quite funny actually cause my little brother just recently started using IG and he was asking us what photos to post and all so we were just like 'just stand there and take a photo' haha! And then we taught him how to pose which explains why he wasn't looking at the camera. He was so awkward but it's just hilarious to tease your brother.

So that's it for our visit to Eumundi! It was a really nice experience and I was telling my sister how I would willingly be a housewife and go grocery shopping at markets like Eumundi if I live in Australia. Not kidding. It's just such a nice, laid back environment to be in and everyone was so friendly. Not to mention the food that was oh-my-god delicious. I'll definitely be on a quest to check off markets when I go back to Aussie!

"Adventure is not in where you go, it is in the freedom to create and experience life."
Karen Main

No comments:

Post a Comment