Tuesday 7 July 2015

Safari


Aussie is known for the amount of animals and greenery the country has to offer and believe me when I say that it definitely is an escape from the concrete jungle we have here in Singapore. The endless amount of forest-like areas was the inspiration for this outfit which is so apt for Aussie's autumn as well.



I really like how the green dress looks against a green backdrop (surprisingly!) You'd think I'll just camouflage in it and it won't be that striking cause of it but the photos turned out really well! I'm quite sure it's due to the abundance of flowers. Small on its own but definitely not insignificant.


Truth be told, the dress was a little too 'flat' to my liking. What I mean by this is that it's not very flattering on me cause of its cut. I'd prefer it to be more trimmed at the waist so that it flares out nicely but nth a belt won't be able to solve! Throw on a pair of brown boots paired with knee high socks and this outfit is complete. It's just a bonus that it matches the colour of my hair hehe.


Not only does brown boots scream cow girl, it's also practical for walking on rocky/sandy roads. I've had this pair for close to 3 years and I always bring them when I'm gng somewhere cold. I just love the colour of it and it's all bendy which means it doesn't take up much space in my luggage hehe. It's actually super cheap (around $30) and I'm surprised it lasted so long hahaha.

So a safari themed outfit with the perfect backdrop! Did I forget to mention that the woods is actually my backyard? Only in Aussie.

Trench Dress - Hong Kong
Boots - Hong Kong
Socks - Forever 21
Watch - Fossil

"The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness."
John Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment