Sunday 28 June 2015

Air Bnb: Brisbane


Every Airbnb house that we stayed at in Australia has such a different concept but nevertheless, each house is still as wonderful as the previous one. I would describe our Brisbane apartment as a young person's dream; modern, chic and convenient. The apartment was just a 10mins walk (a few mins drive) away from the pubs, bars and restaurants which I guess would facilitate your night life very well. Especially since nth much is open at night in Brisbane.

Upon arriving, we did have a little hiccup because we couldn't find the key where the host had left it. She told us the code for the mailbox but for some reason, we couldn't open it so we were left stranded there for about half an hr till the emergency contact that the host gave us came to our rescue. Her neighbour Adam was super nice and all and helped us get to our apartment. Thank god for him if not we would have no house for 2 nights. So that was a little panic situation that we faced upon arriving.


The pathway leads to around 7 houses which all look the same so it looks really neat.

I'll split this post into 3 sections cause there are 3 floors in this apartment.

The first level is where the washrooms are. There are 2 washrooms, 1 in the master bed room and the other is a common toilet which also has a bathtub (yay!).  Didn't take photos of the 2 rooms cause they looked quite ordinary. Just a queen size bed with a wardrobe and a few paintings in the room. Our host is an architect which explains her obsession with paintings. My favourite part of the first level will definitely be the bathtub where I got to use my bath bomb from Lush! Btw, bath bombs in Aussie are half the price of that in Sg which made me feel like punching myself for buying them in Sg but oh well.


Cause most of Aussie's houses work on the solar panel system where the heat from the sun warms up the water, we didn't have a lot of hot water to spare at night and cause I had my bubble bath, my brother had to bathe in cold water (oops). Hahaha so be sure to check if yours works on a heater or solar panels!

Climbing up to the second level.


The second level is where the kitchen, living area, dining table, television and sofa are at!


The dining table is located outdoors so we actually didn't use it at all. We were only back home at night to have our dinner and by then, the temperature fell to about 10 degrees. We didn't want to freeze our butts off so we dined indoors instead. If not, this area will probably be nice to hang out at during the autumn season!

Indoors, there was a really cosy area to longue at and that will be at the sofa which was converted into a bed for my little brother.


It's really cosy cause of the many blankets and pillows. In fact, my sister, Rifdi, my brother and I all snuggled here to watch TV at night.

The kitchen had pretty much everything that you need and for some weird reason, I would had loved to cooked here but I absolutely cannot cook so here's a photo of me and the cereal I made instead.


And now to my favourite corner of the house.


This is my absolute favourite spot of the house because it's perfect to longue in! It has an ipod dock to play music, comfy sofas in my absolute favourite colour, a marble table which is so gorgeous, well let's just say I could go on and on about this spot.

And just in case you're wondering what the ladder leads to...


It leads to the comfy queen size bed that I had all to myself cause everyone else didn't want to climb up the ladder haha! The only problem with this arrangement was that it was quite troublesome to use the bathroom once I'm up on my bed. I had to climb down the ladder (in the dark) and another flight of stairs because the washroom is on the first level. (The sofa area is on the second level and my bed on the third). So in the middle of the night, I had to deal with the headache of omg-I-need-to-pee-but-it's-too-troublesome-so-I-shall-hold-it-in kind of feeling.

And from my bed, you could see the dining area as well.


It's really nice to wake up in the morning and be greeted with a view like this.


It's nice to see low rise buildings for a change from the HDB flats in Singapore cause it doesn't block your view. I really like seeing greenery so to be able to see this makes climbing the ladder worth it.

So to sum the third level up, it's a really small area with 1 queen size bed and floor to ceiling windows.

That's pretty much it for our Air Bnb Brisbane experience! The only huge problem with this apartment is that it's definitely not elderly friendly. You have to climb 2 flights of stairs from the garage to the main door of the house, another flight of stairs to the 2nd floor which has the kitchen and all and a ladder if you want to get to the bed right on top. Moving luggages around was quite a chore as well cause the width of the staircase wasn't really wide and could only fit about a person comfortably if you're carrying a luggage. My luggage was over 20kg so I couldn't carry it up the stairs myself so Rifdi had to help me hahaha.

Other than that, it's located at a really nice area. Quiet but only a 10mins walk away from the main area where you can dine at. Probably a favourite for the youngsters but not for my parents cause of the stairs haha!

"A house is made of walls and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment