Saturday 22 August 2015

Knit and Suede


Hello everyone! It's been such a long time since I've blogged. The longest hiatus I've had ever since I've decided to share my thoughts on this little space right here. University has just been overwhelming and I haven't had time to sort out my photos/ spend some alone time typing the night away. It's currently 12.50am and I'm snuggled in my bed with Glitter next to me and it didn't hit me how much I've missed nights like this. I promise to try and keep this space updated no matter how busy I am!



I wore this outfit on my very first day in Aussie and the logic behind it was really simple. Keep it cosy, practical and comfy. That's cause I wore this on the 8h plane journey as well! The thing about me is that I absolutely love layering cause you just look 10x more huggable and snuggled up. Many of my friends were saying how it'll be super hot on the plane but a simple trick is to wear a presentable blouse underneath and you can just take out your knit when you're hot hahaha. That's what I did throughout the plane ride. Plus I get to hug my knit to sleep which made the 8h flight a lot comfier.

And cause my boots were going to occupy half of my luggage if I packed it, I decided to just wear it to the airport. I swear, this pair of boots are the best buy ever. Short chunky boots are normally not super flattering but due to the fact that this pair is 'loose' at the top, it actually makes you look slimmer. (yay!)


Cold, windy weather also calls for coffee and hence the photo of me getting my caffeine fix. Aussie is definitely the land of coffee and you can find coffee pretty much at every corner. I just love holding a warm drink in my hand when it's autumn/winter which also makes me wonder how much I'd spend on coffee is I stayed somewhere cold.


And after seeing how my sister's manicure managed to last her a month, I decided to try it out! Her friend, Mei Jun, has recently started a home based mani/pedi salon and I finally checked it out. I've had quite bad experiences with my nails before. The previous place I went to used a different base for gelish nails and it chipped within a few days. I'm not talking about a small chip but one where half my nail just broke off (and subsequently, other nails chipped too) Like whaaaaat? Gelish nails are suppose to last you for weeks which is why you're paying much more for it. So that careless girls like me can throw their hands all around and not worry about getting a scratch on it. 

This set of nails lasted me for 1 month and it didn't chip at all. The only reason why I went back to get a fresh set of mani was cause my fingernails were getting too long and I couldn't cut it myself cause of the gelish nail polish hahaha. Such a dumb reason, I know. But I kept poking my own eye whenever I wore contacts haha! Have clearly not mastered the art of having long nails. If any of you are interested, you can check out her Facebook page! Quote my name for 20% off! (:

Collared Blouse - Smooch the Label
Red Knit - Hong Kong
Brown Skirt - Hong Kong
Boots - Aldo
Necklace - Hong Kong

"I pretty much make time for that weekly manicure."
Yancy Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment