Tuesday 12 May 2015

Sarongs


I've never imagined myself in a sarong but ever since Nyoman dressed me in one for our visit to the Water Temple, I fell in love with sarongs. So much so that I went to the Ubud Art Market on the very same day and got myself the maroon sarong you see in the first few photos.

Sarongs are just so flattering and they make your legs look 10x longer than the really are haha! This set of photos brings me back to Racial Harmony Days in Primary school when I used to always wear a costume from a different race. So far, my favourite will still have to be a Sari because it's just so colourful and vibrant. (I keep telling my Indian friends to get married so I can wear a sari hahahaha) But now, I think I'll add sarongs to the list of traditional costumes that I really like.

Sarongs laid flat down are pretty much a rectangular shaped cloth and you basically just wrap them around yourself and tie a knot at the side. The nice lady that I bought my sarong from even taught me how to wear it as a dress for days when I just want to lounge around in my hotel room. Oh and bonus points for feeling super immersed in the Balinese culture in my sarong.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character."
Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment