Sunday 24 March 2013

Pancake Craze!

I've always been a fan of desserts but lately all I want to do is eat pancakes. Chocolate pancakes, strawberry pancakes, banana pancakes.... Wish I could have one right now.

About 2 weeks back, I met up with my really good friend, Li Xian, and we went to Strictly Pancakes. Embarrassed to say that that was my first time at Strictly Pancakes but hey! At least now I can say I've tried Strictly Pancakes before :D We went to the branch at Dhoby Ghaut but took quite a while trying to find the place. It is actually just opposite SOTA and really convenient to get to but being the 'no sense of direction' people, we went a whole big round before finding the place. We went there before lunch time (thank god) and didn't have to wait long to get our seats. The queue during lunch time is crazy long!

We took quite a long time deciding because we just want to try a bit of everything. In the end, I ordered The Druggie and LX ordered Bananas-scotched.



Just look at the amount of chocolate on my pancakes! Chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, chocolate pancakes, chocolate ice cream. Chocolate overdose! Even though I'm a chocolate lover, it definitely was too much chocolate for me to handle. Never thought that I'd say it but yes, it was too much chocolate for me. Nevertheless, it tasted really good! I couldn't finish it though but it's still good pancakes. I tried LX pancakes too. It was a little too bland for my liking but I guess if you like your pancakes simple, Bananas-scotched might be the pancakes for you. It's not your ordinary plain pancakes but neither is it over the top. Both of us couldn't finish our pancakes. Oops. I guess it's better to share it with someone.

I tried another pancake shop with Jolene as well. It's a small, cosy shop called Batter Fluffy Flaps. It really is a good place to go with your best friend just like its initials suggest, BFF. BFF is located along East Coast Road, opposite Roxy Square. It's a little harder to get to because there's no MRT at Marine Parade but I'd definitely go there again because of its awesome pancakes.

































































Once again, as a chocolate lover, I ordered Top it, Drop it, Dot it. It's made up of chocolate chip pancakes, topped with koko krunch and crushed oreo, drizzled in chocolate sauce and served with a scoop of chocolate ice cream. Jolene had her usual Banana Bonanza. The pancakes were drizzled in butterscotch sauce, topped with caramelized bananas, cinnamon dust and roasted walnuts, and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Everything was amazing! We had such a fun time taking photos and talking. It wasn't as crowded as Strictly Pancakes so we could slowly savour our pancakes and not feel bad for occupying their seats.

Unlike Strictly Pancakes, I could finish this one and it didn't feel like there was too much chocolate. Personally, I felt that the pancakes at BFF were fluffier and thicker. However there's only 2 slices of pancakes whereas Strictly Pancakes have 3. As you all can see, the pancakes at Strictly Pancakes definitely looks more attractive. More instagram worthy for all you instagram users! I'd rather go to BFF though because of its surroundings. It felt a lot more cosier and there's lesser people there.

Now that my pancake crave have kind of been satisfied with these 2 shops, I'd love to go somewhere where there's really good waffles. I always think of waffles when I think of pancakes. Kind of weird but that's how my brain is hahaha. So look out! Waffles, here I come!

Strictly Pancakes - 44A Prinsep Street Singapore 188674
Batter Fluffy Flaps - 89 East Coast Road

No comments:

Post a Comment